Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I’m in a list mood. (I think Clinton from Zombie Fights Shark is inspiring me). SO, here is a list of five things I’ve learned in my two days in Mexico:

1. Tacos are genuine Mexican food, but burritos make Mexicans laugh when you try to order them, as they’re apparently something Gringos made up. (Note to self: consult Wikipedia before going anywhere, ever).
2. Fried worms, while entirely disgusting looking, are actually entirely disgusting tasting. (I’ll post the picture as soon as I can find a cable and D/L it to my computer).
3. The people of Mexico City, in great contrast to those bastards in Paris and Milan, are very happy to speak English with you, and are delighted when you give Spanish your very best shot.
4. No, it’s cool, just park that anywhere.
5. Nobody likes it when you correct their spelling or grammar, regardless of how relevant that correction might be. (This has nothing to do with being in Mexico, other than the fact that I just corrected the grammar of the one of my team-mates, and he smiled the kind of polite smile that, if you look deep enough, says, “I went to Harvard Business, and you’re telling me about a misplaced ‘a’?” Point well taken.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correct me if I'm wrong but regardless of where you go to school bad spelling or grammar is bad spelling or grammar and should be corrected... right?


Matt

Anonymous said...

Is this Justin Masterson, as in the Video Guy at the Cincy Vineyard? I need your help. A couple years ago you did a breakout at the Outward Focused Church conference on something like "developing a creative teaching team" and I although I thought it was fascinating and fun, I didn't see myself becoming the Creative Arts Director two years later. So now I need all that awesome stuff you shared!!!

Oh, by the way, I'm Rob Wallace. I'm on staff at the Vineyard in Mishawaka, IN. My email is rob@vccmishawaka.org.

Thanks!

Keith W said...

dude, so how many nights a year are you traveling?

Anonymous said...

Please post more.

Anonymous said...

The Floridian version of #4 is "Just drive that thing anywhere!" especially if you're in a heavily concentrated retirement area such as Pompano Beach!