Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The following is the most romantic post about stomach flu you'll read all day...

I got sick this week. Quite sick. The kind of sick you don't talk about at dinner parties. And for the last 36 hours or so I've been lying on my couch waiting for the sick to pass. And, lying in the overstuffed and oversized chair five feet from me has been my also very sick wife. (It seems she got me sick with the flu she had last week...and, not to be outdone, I returned the favor this week. I didn't think it was possible either, but then again, here we are). We have spent the last day-and-a-half trying to sleep, trading turns in the bathroom, and trying to guess how long ago four hours ago was so that we can take the next batch of Tylenol.

OK...I'll give you...not a formula for high romance.

However, for some reason, it was romantic. We were sharing the experience together. We took care of each other, watched each other get worse, and we've begun to watch each other get better. We called out quietly for one another in the hot and wakeful midnight hours, and we did so hoping that, for some reason, the other person would be awake enough to respond, just so we know that they're there. We hoped for each other, and even prayed for each other a little bit. We loved each other in our sickness...the kind of love that is bigger than grossiness and pukiness and trashcans by the bedside.

I loved my wife today...and she loved me. It's a strange thing to say, but I actually enjoyed being sick with Stacy. Being sick is life, and I love having life with her.

Peace,
Justin

11 comments:

Steve Fuller said...

Thanks for giving me some hope Justin.

Kalla said...

Awww...thats so cute! Sorry that you were sick, but glad that you got to love your wife through it all! :)

Keith W said...

yucky mushy stuff

Shilo said...

Justin,
That is the oddly, the sweetest story I've heard this week. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

I came to your blog through an "Embrace the Mess" post, but I've reread this post atleast 3 times and every time, it brings me to tears, the good kind.

Thank you for giving single people hope. THIS is the kind of love I want.

Matt said...

i guess thats why they include that "in sickness" line during that ceremony thing we call a marriage. i don't know you, but i am glad you enjoy being sick and i hope you and your wife feel better unless you want to stay sick and in that case i hope you stay sick. good luck either way. love wins.

stinkowoman said...

Aw, that makes me kinda sick...in a good way...

Anonymous said...

Justin,
You and Stacy make marriage look good. Makes me look forward to being sick with my soon to be husband. Yeah, I said it! I'm getting married. I would be honored if you & Stacy would be able to attend. However, I need your 411. Can you email me your address? Looking forward to catching up!

Katie
"The Phenom"
kaeidam@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
Per ppc strategy click marketing promotion pay http://www.businesscards3.info/print-for-free-bussiness-cards.html Seo word Cheap email marketing software http://www.audidealer4.info Seo solution nauru United states search engine positioning services education 1 800 contact contact lenses coupon Seo directory kiribati Scanner de virus troyanos Email advertising templates london smoking stop west Raccoon penis bone

Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Foreign currency trading business grundy rain jackets free music mp3 players Free naked paris hilton photo Pennsylvania divorce attorneys Free erotic golden shower stories lamictal rash picture savaria wheelchair lift Heating contractor san jose Blow job cheerleader Colour contact lens crazy Repairing a clothes dryer Pilates new jersey